twitter

Sunday, March 21, 2010

NYSF Melbourne.

I just got back from the NYSF Melbourne session. It was great; not only because of getting to do awesome science and checking out the unis, but seeing everyone again was so great. :D


We got to check out CSL, University of Melbourne, Monash and RMIT.

At CSL we learnt about how they killed thousands of chicken embryos daily to develop vaccines. Actually pretty cool. :D

At the University of Melbourne we got a couple of presentations, and I talked to a guy about Eve online. Fun stuff.

Monash was great; I did an electrical engineering workshop and we got to do some stuff from their first year course, so that was fun. I totally soldered, yo.

Finally, RMIT. I really enjoyed it there; it was interesting, small and right in the city. There's a course there that I'm really interested in too... so, yeah. That was nifty. :D

... and then I got back to Cairns.

The weather, the vibe, and the people (most of them, anyway), just make me need to get out of here. Srsly.

No comments:

Post a Comment